- You are here:
- Parks & Recreation
- Public Parks & Playgrounds
- Portsmouth Dog Park
Portsmouth Dog Park
Welcome to the Portsmouth Dog Park
The mission of the Portsmouth Dog Park is to maintain an off-leash dog park accessible to all residents in order to promote education, training and safe recreational activities to aid in responsible dog ownership and well-behaved dogs. The Town depends on volunteers and the support of the community.
- Areas for large and small dogs.
- A walkway for observation.
- A community bulletin board.
- Off-road parking for ten cars.
- Memorial paving bricks in entrance patio area.
- Benches and picnic tables for human visitors.
- Full handicapped accessibility.
- A separate agility exercise area.
- Fresh water available for dogs and humans.
The following rules shall be posted at the Dog Park, and followed by all dog owners, keepers, guardians and other users of the Portsmouth Dog Park:
- Only dogs that are currently vaccinated for rabies and licensed in the town in which they reside are allowed to enter the park.
- No dog under 6 months old, or that has received its first rabies shot within the past 30 days, may enter the park.
- All dogs must be spayed/neutered and free from disease and internal parasites.
- All dogs must be removed from the park by their owner, keeper or guardian at the first sign of aggression.
- All dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park.
- No more than 3 dogs may be brought into the park by any one owner, keeper or guardian at any time.
- Dogs must be under the control of the owner, keeper or guardian at all times.
- The use of pinch, choke or electronic collars within the park is prohibited.
- No dog that has been legally declared vicious is allowed in the park.
- No food is allowed in the park.
- The park is open from dawn to dusk and closed during maintenance.
- All dog bites must be promptly reported to the Portsmouth Police (401-683-0300) or Animal Control (401-643-0136).
- Owners, keepers and guardians of dogs are required to clean up after their dogs and properly dispose of all waste, and to repair any damage caused by their dogs.
- The use of alcohol and/or tobacco is prohibited.
- No children under the age of 16 may enter the park unless under adult supervision.
- The park is for recreational use only and no attendant is on duty. All users of the park do so at their own risk. All owners, keepers and guardians of dogs and other users of the park agree to release and hold the Town of Portsmouth and its various departments, employees, volunteers and agents harmless from any and all liability, claims, and/or damages for personal injury, property damage, or injury to their pet(s).
- The Portsmouth Police Department and Animal Control reserve the right to ban any owner, keeper, guardian, dog or other user from the park for violation of these rules.
- Violation of any of these rules is punishable by a fine of $100 for a first violation, $200 for a second violation, and $300 for a third or any subsequent violation.
Where Can You Find Us?
The actual address of the Dog Park is 50 Smith Road, Portsmouth, RI 02871. You may not find this address on phone apps or GPSes, however. So here is a little help!
|Animal Issues||Animal Control or Police Dept.||401-643-0136 ACO or 401-683-0300 PD|
|Park Maintenance||Public Works||401-683-0362|