- You are here:
- Tax Assessment & Collections
- Pay Taxes by Credit Card
Pay Taxes by Credit Card
Credit Card Payments for Fees and Taxes *
Convenience, Flexibility & Rewards
Enjoy the convenience, flexibility, and rewards of credit card payments for taxes or fees. Taxpayers have 3 options to pay by Credit Card:
- At the window at the Tax Collector's Office at Town Hall, 2200 East Main Road between 8:30 and 4:30, Monday through Wednesday, 8:30 - 6:30 on Thursday and 8:30 - 2:30 on Friday.
- Over the Internet where you can check your balance and pay on-line through a tax portal. You will need your account number, which is on your annual tax bill.
- By phone or over the Internet through Official Payments. You will need to use Jurisdiction Code 4905 when prompted.
*The Town of Portsmouth receives NO compensation from the fees charged.
Proven Safe & Reliable
This service is safe, reliable, and in accordance with all state and government regulations. In order to process your payment, the credit card service provider charges a standard fee based on the amount of the transaction. Calculate the fee on a specific amount.
Easy Payment Via Phone or Internet
To pay through the online tax portal, go to tax.vgsi.com/etax and click on link for Portsmouth. Enter your account number when prompted.
To pay by phone, call Official Payments at the toll free number 1-800-272-9829. Enter the Jurisdiction Code 4905 when prompted.
You may also visit the official payment resource as another way to pay online using your credit card. Enter the Jurisdiction Code 4905 when prompted.
You will be asked to enter information such as:
- Amount of the tax or fee payment
- Bill or invoice number
- Credit card information
- Social security number (for state payments)
- Type of tax or fee
The system will complete the following actions:
- Issue an onscreen confirmation number and a printable digital receipt. Confirmation is emailed to users who request it
- Obtain approval of the charge
- Tell you the total of your payment including the appropriate fee
- The charge will also appear on your credit card statement with the tax amount appearing on one line, the convenience fee amount on a separate line