BE A POLL VOLUNTEER!
The Portsmouth Board of Canvassers is seeking poll workers for the upcoming elections
- US Congressional District 1 Special Election: Tuesday, November 7, 2023
- Presidential Preference Primaries: Tuesday, April 2, 2024
- RI Statewide Primaries: Tuesday, September 10, 2024
- General Election: Tuesday, November 5, 2024
For More Information
Hours. 6AM and leave after all results have been transmitted to the state after polls close at 8PM.
Positions & Compensation.
- Moderator—Oversees all activities at precinct. $250/day
- Clerk—Assists Moderator and responsible for updating voter information and election reports. $250/day
- Supervisors/Greeters--Checks in voters. $100/half-day shift (Two shifts: 6AM to 1PM or 1PM to polls close) or $200/full day.
- Moderator/Clerk Assistant--Assists Moderator with overseeing ExpressVote machine and assists Clerk with end-of-night procedures. $250/day
- Alternates--Attend trainings and are available on Election Day to fill a vacancy. Compensated for trainings.
Meals. Lunch & dinner provided.
Trainings. Conducted by the Board of Elections
Poll Workers meet at Town Hall at 10:30AM the Saturday before Election Day to go over emergency plans and address any remaining questions.
Resources & Application. The links below provide information from the RI State Board of Elections website (https://elections.ri.gov/pollworkers/index.php):
- Poll Worker Application (updated for every election cycle)
- Poll Worker Manual (updated for every election cycle)
For more information please contact Jacqueline Schulz, Registrar of Voters, at (401) 683-3157 or email@example.com .