Temporarily, outdoor burning permits will only be issued via phone. Residents interested in a burn permit shall call 401-683-1200. Information that will be gathered prior to issuing burn permits will include:
1. You will be asked for your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address.
2. Are you the property owner?
3. Where will you be burning and what kind of material. (Residential burn permits only)
4. Commercial/Industrial/Agricultural businesses must receive permission from the Fire Chief, Assistant Fire Chief, Fire Marshal or Shift Commander as they will need to be inspected. This may result in a bonfire permit issuance which is valid for one day only.
5. The size of the fire will dictate whether a normal brush permit or bonfire permit will be issued. Any brush pile larger than 4 feet wide x 4 feet wide x 3 feet high may require a bonfire permit.
6. You will receive a copy of your permit as well as a copy of the Town’s outdoor burn ordinance via email.
Burning Ordinance - *Updated June 2021*